Friday 31 January 2014

Dear potential clients

The important discussion is the one of
perfection

and imperfection.
life is not perfect
so should not be the design
else it becomes a lie
surface
plastic

We should create no more lies, 
 
When you write a brief and ask me to design for example a book based on your description
Remember, that I will not change my language to your language
And you know my language as I have shown it, and as it is shown here, right here
You need to be brave to trust that what I see and interpret is a creation of art design

in form of a book

When you write the text believe that I am not creating a lie
the lie that
the software would

see, we are responsible to whos
that the world is imperfect
so why are we polishing
it?

If you think what I am saying is bxxx sxxx.
Then contact someone else
or do it yourself,
I believe we are over-burdening the world with objects that

look
 kinda
good
but carry no
thing

v a l u e

potential
unfinished
is b e a t i f  u l
art is not advertising and i am not trying to sell anything with the work i do
except the potential
to be discovered
BY THE READER in the words on the paper printed
maybe, or maybe not
butsalesofyourbookisnotmyinterest
and you should also

just
relax
as no one can know
how it will be sold and for what reasons
think about it.

design is philosophy, not some

//////////

Michael Rock, 
The designer as an author, What does it really mean to call for graohic designer to be an author?

 Oulipo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment